Thursday, October 30, 2008

SOFA CHICAGO -- NOVEMBER 2008


Once again, I am flying to Chicago for the weekend (Nov 7-9) to visit the SOFA Expo. I look forward to it every year, and can't wait to see what's new!
http://www.sofaexpo.com/ for more info

I am also looking forward to visiting Lillstreet Art Centre in Chicago to see a group exhibition, which is showing one of my all-time favourite ceramic artists: Maren Kloppmann!

See below for further info:
Lillstreet Art Centre - DISTINCTIVE LINES
November 5- 27, 2008
Opening reception: Sat, Nov. 8, 4-9pm

Distinctive Lines is an exhibition shown in conjunction with the annual SOFA Chicago show. The exhibition brings together the work of five nationally known potters who all share a connection to celebrated potter Warren Mackenzie. The invited artists are Mazin Adam, Sam Chung, Marc Digeros, Maren Kloppmann, and Mark Pharis.
http://www.lillstreet.com for more info


Above Photo:Dale Chihuly
Sapphire and Goldleaf Chandelier
glass
67 x 46 x 46"
Represented by Holsten Galleries, Stockbridge, MA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, neat! I'll be manning the Lillstreet table on Friday evening at SOFA, and will doubtless be around the studio working (someplace on the first floor) during the weekend. So if I see anybody that looks like a Shane... I'll say hi.